Are you wondering how to properly pack for a move? Good Green Moving would love to offer you some advice for a safe, sustainable, and successful moving experience. We’re experts in organizing everything before you lift a single item with packing tips, streamlining what happens on your moving day, hauling everything to your next home, then unpacking when it’s all done.
Moving is actually one of the most stressful things that you can experience in life, but it doesn’t have to be stressful at all. This article will outline why we’ve become one of the fastest-growing moving companies in Marin County, and what you need to know about how to properly pack for a move.
How to Properly Pack Computers and Other Stuff
Don’t worry! We’re experts at moving all sorts of items, from heavy, bulky office and home furniture like desks, couches, file cabinets, bookcases, and office tables to chairs of all shapes and sizes. We’ve even had to take apart certain types of tables and reassemble them quickly at their next home.
If you’re moving your business, our corporate relocations can get you back to work faster and with fewer hassles. For your computers, monitors, printers, servers, and other sensitive electronic equipment, we’ve developed a simple, four-step process to ensure that it’s all protected. This includes:
1. Researching the object that may have a bearing on how it’s moved.
2. Packing each item securely, often with blankets for extra protection.
3. Buffering items to eliminate direct contact with each other to prevent scratches or breakage.
4. Shrink-wrapping, tightly boxing, and/or pad-wrapping delicate items professionally.
Properly Packing to Move to Your New Home
If you’re moving across town, to another part of the state, or across country, Good Green Moving’s residential moving service can help you every step of the way. We want to help you translate the chaos into calm by guiding you with an efficient moving experience for ultimate peace of mind.
From moving families and businesses for years, these services can help you properly pack for a move:
• Obtaining boxes.
• Packing your possessions.
• Labeling objects “fragile.”
• Writing room locations on each box or package.
• Offering organizing, concierge, and box rental services.
Need Help Packing?
If you don’t want to hassle with one of the most time-consuming details of moving –– packing your
most fragile items –– Good Green Moving can discuss your best packing solutions. To save time and money, you can pack some of your most prized possessions yourself, including crystal glassware, antique china, or family heirlooms. Or you can have us do it all for you.
Furthermore, if you don’t want to have to buy cardboard boxes, put them together, use them, then recycle them at the end of your moving experience, you can consider renting our plastic Good Green Moving boxes. These sustainable moving crates help us reduce the consumption of natural resources.
Our Good Green Concierge Helps You Properly Pack for a Move
One of our most popular services is our Good Green Concierge that can provide you with a list of services, each with its own supplemental cost. These services encompass the following:
• Acting as your concierge to organize all pick-ups, deliveries, parking permits, hauling, recycling, cleaning, and more.
• Creating a fluid work space and/or play area in your garage to keep your kids busy, safe, and away from the moving foot traffic.
• Organizing your closets by color, season, type of clothing, and/or redesigning your closets to accommodate your needs.
• Guiding your downsizing, relocation, family auctions, and estate resolution.
Get A Hassle-Free, No-Obligation Quote for a Move
After you realize how much is involved in a move, you’ll probably want to get an estimate on what it will cost. Just call us today at 415-686-3262 or complete this properly packing form online for a free, no-obligation instant moving quote. The more specific your answers, the better we can evaluate your needs –– whether it’s for a residential or a commercial move.
On this form, please provide us with answers to questions like the zip codes of your current and your next home or office, the distance our van can park from the respective front doors, the number of stairs at each location. Please also tell us the number of beds, dressers, armoires, bookcases, tables, desks, wardrobes, vanities, lamps, chairs, desks, and more so we can help you know how to properly pack for a move.