It is always good to start planning ahead when you move, give yourself at least a month before the move date to coordinate everything needed for a successful move. The following is a step-by-step process that you can use as a check list to make sure you cover everything needed to make your move smooth and stress free.
- Call Good Green Moving a month or two ahead to guarantee you get the date your looking for. It is okay, at the last minute, to contact us if you need assistance as well.
- If you live in a very busy area like San Francisco then you should call the county and get parking permits. You will need to schedule these a minimum of 14 business days before your move date. We can obtain these permits for you at an additional charge.
- Depending on the size of your home, you should begin packing a week to a month before your actual move date to insure everything is packed and ready to go. Good Green Moving is a full service moving company, so if you don’t have enough time to deal with packing, we can handle this step for you. If you are going to do it yourself, we can provide you with moving supplies. If you need packing tips, click here.
- This is your time to go through your belongings and donate or sell unwanted possessions to help create a organized and fluid environment in your home and/or office. We can assist you with donation deliveries, organizing and concierge services. Click here to learn more about our extra services to make your relocation easier.
- Organization is key to a successful moving experience and this step should not be over looked. It will save you money during your move.
- Here are some links to assist you with changing your address on-time so you don’t miss important mail as well as changing your home or office internet, television and phone services. Don’t forget to change your credit card addresses as well!
These are 6 easy steps you can follow in order to make sure your move is successful. We look forward to moving you to a better future.
Here are some links to assist you with changing your address on-time so you don’t miss important mail as well as changing your home internet, television and phone services.
- Official USPS Change of Address Website
- How to Move Your XFINITY Comcast Service
- How to Move Your DirectTV Account
- How to Move Your ATT Account
The best storage facilities that we refer in Marin County are: