Photo by senivpetro on Freepik
Packing and moving precious things such as artworks, antique artifacts, and precious dinnerware sets. As well as electronic devices, jewelry pieces, family heirlooms, and vital or even invaluable papers present a different sort of relocation issue. Compared to packing and moving clothing and books.
The issue is if you drop an item of clothes or a book on the floor — unintentionally, of course – nothing happens. Drop a truly precious object, though, which is usually delicate and breakable, and you will cause a slew of troubles for yourself. As a result, if you do not treat your expensive objects with exceptional care, the risk of harm to your high-value items grows significantly.
These packing tips provided here will show you how and where to pack your things carefully.
But, before you start preserving your assets with the correct sort and quantity of packing goods, there are a few things you must do. Especially while packing and transferring important belongings to a new residence.
Photo by rawpixel.com on Freepik
Create a list of your most valued possessions.
You’re definitely concerned about how to secure your belongings while relocating, and you’re probably eager to start putting them in cardboard boxes. Trust us when we say that the moment will come, but first you’ll need to know precisely what high-value items you’ll bring. Right?
Make a list of all the valuable goods you possess. A precise inventory like that will also help you decide whether to bring all of your assets with you, and it will also be useful in the sad event that any goods are destroyed or go misplaced during transportation.
Take a lot of pictures of your valuable or precious items as confirmation of their present state, and keep those images secure in the hope that you won’t have to file an insurance claim after relocation. Also, retain any paperwork that comes with your assets, such as receipts, invoices, certificates of authenticity, warranty cards, and so on, in a moving binder alongside any personal or move-related material.
Learn how to organize for your next move.
Consider getting insurance for your valuables.
What you should realize when moving costly stuff is that something can transpire on the road, so having the proper moving coverage will offer you peace of mind that your prized possessions will be secure no matter what.
It’s a good idea to call your insurance provider and inquire if your existing house insurance plan covers the movement of assets from one residence to another. Discuss this essential subject with your mover too though, because they can advise you on whether it’s necessary to get more coverage at all. But if it is, they can also assist you in obtaining that extra coverage for your valuable and fragile goods.
In this manner, if anything horrible occurs to your valued possessions when matters will be out of your full control, you will be allowed to claim value protection. However, if you prefer to carry any of the small high-valued goods in your own automobile, such as:
- costly watches
- collectors’ items
- Rare books
- certain smaller art pieces
- exquisite china sets
- and so on…
You will have to depend solely on your exceptional packing abilities.
Purchase appropriate packaging materials.
The way you pack your belongings will decide whether or not they arrive in one piece throughout the home relocation. Nonetheless, the quality and quantity of packaging materials will play a significant role in the packing operation’s performance. Are you prepared to get the packing supplies necessary to protect your valuable possessions?
- Boxes. It’s preferable to use the original box or new boxes for your expensive products, but if you’re using second-hand containers, ensure sure the cartons are robust, dry, and show no symptoms of pre-existing damage.
- Bubble wrap. When it comes to packing valuables when moving, bubble wrap is your greatest buddy since its protection is sometimes unparalleled. Purchase a couple of rolls of bubble wrap at your local supply store or your moving company.
- Paper for packing. As a first protective layer, purchase a large quantity of soft white wrapping paper.
Check out the best packing materials for safe and secure moving.
Safely Pack Valuables
Most high-value items are delicate and easily broken, making your task of preserving your belongings while relocating even more difficult. Follow these packing instructions for valuables – your first and most crucial line of protection against transportation damage.
- Cushioning at the start. Place a couple of layers of bubble wrap on the bottom of every packing box to protect valuable goods by absorbing any shocks along the journey.
- Extra safeguards. Put tape on the bottoms of any cardboard boxes that you want to use for expensive items. Only use high-quality packaging tape.
- Antique furniture. Protect the whole area of antique pieces with several moving blankets as possible, particularly any legs or parts that extend from the mainframe. It’s also best to wrap bubble wrap over the most vulnerable areas. To transport your antiques out of your house, use the proper moving equipment, such as a furniture dolly and sliders.
- Framed Art. If at all feasible, utilize specialized picture crates that can accommodate framed paintings and pictures of any size. To make numerous cushions within the box, use a lot of bubble wrap and paper sheets. If your framed artwork is glass-protected, use masking tape to create a large X across the glass surface to hold glass fragments in place in the event of an accident. When your artwork is packed and ready to move, it must not move within.
- Gadgets and appliances. The majority of gadgets and appliances are both pricey and delicate. Put them in their original packaging if feasible. If not, use a lot of static-free plastic wrap and wrap them up. Make every effort to move your small hi-tech equipment – computers, tablets, cellphones, digital cameras, and so on – by yourself. Larger electrical gadgets, such as flat-screen televisions and desktop PCs, may need the services of a moving firm.
- Jewelry. Use jewelry boxes to store and carry your valuables whenever feasible. If not, here are some amusing methods to secure your possessions on Moving Day. Empty toilet paper sheets and plastic drinking straws may be used to protect your bracelets and necklaces. Pack your earrings in pill organizers or index cards. Your jewelry will be best secured in strong sunglass cases or perhaps even egg cartons!
- Valuables That Are Fragile. As previously said, any important items are frequently too delicate and need further care. So, what is the safest method to transport your valuables? If you believe the danger of damages is too large, hiring a quality moving company is the best alternative, at least for most circumstances. Please remember that a quality mover may provide specialized crating services to secure your valuables throughout the transfer.
Learn how Good Green can help you achieve a stress-free house moving.
Are you ready for your eco-friendly house move?
Hiring the right professionals for the job can help you save costs from disastrous home moving. Good Green Moving’s team of reliable movers makes it simple and easy for your home move. Check GoodGreenMoving.com for affordable, accountable, and reliable movers to handle your next move. Get your free quote here and FREE use of 20 of our eco-friendly bins on your booked move. Just mention #GoodGreenBins in your quote.